In layman’s language OCR or Optical Character Recognition is a software program used for converting images into text format. It translates images of letters entered into the computer with a scanner into characters that can be manipulated as text but not as images.
Are you looking for a trusted and reliable destination to convert scanned documents, photographed documents, faxes, multi-page PDFs and TIFFs into editable documents. I think OCR Terminal is the perfect platform for this job. OCR Terminal is an online OCR service that performs Optical Character Recognition (OCR) on your scanned images and PDF files and renders them into editable and text searchable documents. All users get 20 free pages a month and can purchase additional pages if required.
So friends, if you want to convert your images and scanned documents quickly and avoid re-typing then OCR Terminal is one of the fastest place. OCR Terminal also accurately preserves the formatting and page layout so that tables, images, captions and headers are accurately replicated in the processed files.
- Upload image file (TIFF, PDF, JPEG and other image formats)
- Process file
- Download processed results (MS Word, RTF, Text, searchable PDF)
What can I use it for?
Anyone can use OCR Terminal for converting the following documents into editable document:
- Scanned Documents
- Photographed Documents
- Multi-page PDFs and TIFFs
Besides this, OCR Terminal allows you to improve your productivity by saving you time while creating and editing documents. You can easily make PDFs searchable and indexable. You can scan articles and sections of books, newspapers and magazines and convert them to an editable format which you can use in academia, studies or for extracting quotes. You can even use OCR Terminal to process images from digital cameras when you don’t have access to a scanner.
OCR Terminal accepts a number of input file formats including:
- PDF files: All types of PDF files including multi-page PDFs
- TIFF files: Black and white, grey and full colour supported. Compressed TIFFs and multipage TIFFs supported
- JPEG, JPEG 2000 Grey and colour JPEGs supported
- Other image formats Black and white, grey and colour BMPs, PNGs and GIFs supported
Output in Microsoft Word, searchable PDF and more
- Microsoft Word: All formatting and page layout accurately preserved
- RTF files: All formatting and page layout accurately preserved – for users who don’t have Microsoft Word. RTF files can be opened by ‘Pages’ or ‘TextEdit’ on Macs, Open Office on any Operating Systems.
- TXT files: Just the text information – can be opened by any text editor – Notepad, TextEdit and others PDF Makes PDFs searchable – output PDFs are identical by sight to the original uploaded file but are made text-searchable
Advantages of using this site:
Following are the key benefits of using OCR Terminal:
- Searchable results – search through a long document easily
- Editable results – eliminate the mundane task of retyping the entire document by giving you the digitized copy
- Convenient – OCR Terminal is the one-stop service that supports JPEG, GIF, BMP, multi-page TIFF and PDF formats and converts them to DOC, TXT, RTF and searchable PDF formats according to your requirement
- Save money – pay just for what you use only after you are satisfied with the accuracy and speed
- Save time – does not require the installation of any software and delivers results within minutes
- Accessible anywhere – completely online OCR service – all you need is an internet connection